The Little Campus follows Toronto Public Health guidelines. Please refer to this document in the event that your child has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19. In addition to TPH guidelines, if your child DOES test positive for COVID-19, they must self-isolate for 5 days.
We understand that children may have lingering minor symptoms; we ask that you use your best judgment before returning to the centre.
- Fever > 37.8°C
- Shortness of breath
- Decrease or loss of taste/smell
- ... or two or more of the following:
- runny nose or nasal congestion
- extreme fatigue
- sore throat
- muscle aches or joint pain
- gastrointestinal symptoms (such as vomiting or diarrhea)
Rapid testing should be performed on children who are symptomatic and/or returning to school after living with someone who has COVID-19. The Little Campus may provide rapid tests to families who need them, subject to the availability of supplies. If we are unable to provide a rapid test, you may obtain them from a store near you.
- What should I do if my child tests positive for COVID-19, or has symptoms of COVID-19?
Please review our Covid 19 Policies & Information for steps to follow.
- How will TLC handle a suspected case of COVID-19?
- If a child is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, they will be moved to a separate room, separated from other children, and supervised.
- Parents/guardians will be notified, and will be required to collect their child immediately.
- Staff and children with symptoms of COVID-19 must follow our Covid-19 Policies & Information.
- All surfaces, toys and areas the child or staff member may have come into contact with will be thoroughly disinfected by our on-staff cleaner.
- The suspected case will be documented and shared with the parent community via Brightwheel or other electronic means.